Friday, February 13, 2009

A Non-Frugal Valentine's Day!


So, I know that almost everyone that reads this blog is into saving money every way possible. Well, so am I BUT there comes a breaking point. We all go on vacation, splurge, spend, blow at some point, right?!

Well, my breaking point was Valentine's Day. My daughter just turned one last week and I have never spent a night away from her. My husband had to travel for business last year so he has been away, but we've never been away together since our honeymoon.

We desperately need a romantic night away and we were both willing to spend to get just what we wanted, no scrimping.

I am so excited for our plan. I told my husband that I feel like we're going to Hawaii for a month or something, I'm that excited.

So, here's what we're doing:

1.) 5:30 dinner reservations at P.F. Changs (our very favorite restaurant, http://www.pfchangs.com/). Whenever we do decide to spend money and go there we don't get an appetizer, just order water, etc. to save money. But not tomorrow. I plan on ordering the Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps for an appetizer, the Chang's Spicy Tofu for an entree, their Passionfruit Tea for my dinner drink and their delicious Bomb Pop Martini for pre-dinner (it's tastes just like the popsicle and is layered in red, white and blue!)

2.) After dinner we are headed strait to The Chocolate Bar http://www.baileyschocolatebar.com/ . This place is unbelievable and if you haven't been you need to splurge one day and go. It's pretty pricey but really worth it. We're ordering The Lover's Platter and drinks!

3.) Finally, we are staying the night in a nice hotel and my mom is watching our daughter. We got pink champagne, fun games and I made treats. It will truly be a night to remember and I can't wait.


Anyone else SUPER excited about their Valentine's plans? Frugal or Non-Frugal?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful way to spend Valentine's! The Chocolate Bar sounds awesome, I want to go there.

    ReplyDelete